Oven baked Sausages with beans and beets
I love a good Sausagefest. Clean your mind you filthy creature..well maybe. I like my sausages pretty much the same way I like men - rich...in flavour, overwhelming in quantity and so delicious all I can say is "yummy". Scout's honour, I have been known to use my inside voice out and say "yummy" when I see a cute guy.
Ok, suggestive smuttiness aside..This is one of the EASIEST dishes you'll ever make. The depth of flavour you'll experience when eating it will make you want more. Seriously. Lastly, don't be kosher about the sausages. Buy the best that you can and really try to get a mixture of pork, beef, lamb and chicken. If this means you end up buying 3 - 4 packets of sausages portion them up cause you'll be wanting to remake this dish regularly. Plus, I'm all about bulk buying. Why? Cause you sava-tha-money.
- 6-8 good quality sausages, cut into 2 inch pieces (chicken, beef, pork and lamb)
- 2 handfuls of grape tomatoes
- 1 can of organic cannellini beans (drained)
- 1 bunch of silver beet or swiss chard (rinse, remove the stems and roughly tear the leaves into 3 inch pieces)
- juice of one lemon
- 4 tbps Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijion mustard
- 1 tbsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- a good grind of cracked pepper
- Salt to taste (after cooking)
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Mix together the dressing in a large bowl and add the silver beet and cannellini beans to the bowl. Take the time to make sure every leaf is covered with the dressing. This will stop the leaves from burning in the oven.
Place the beets and beans mixture on a Plattertastic (or large baking dish), place the sausages and tomatoes on top.
Bake 30 mins at 180°C and an additional 5 mins on Max grill to slightly crisp up the sausages. Easy right?!
Once removed from the oven squeeze the juice of one lemon juice over your baked yumminess.
Serve immediately and be prepared to fight for your share while promising to work out extra tomorrow.
- a fresh loaf of bread that you can rewarm in your cooling oven while you finish plating up your meal
- Manuka Smoke butter - this may sounds super wanky BUT it will change the flavour profile of your meal. Slather some butter on some fresh bread and take a bite while eating your meal. I swear you'll think your sausages have been baked over a campfire. So damn delicious.
Like what you saw? Here's the list of Functionality products used in the photo:
*Adapted from a Food52 recipe